Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back from the Swiss Alps

A few days ago I was concerned about the weather conditions on the top of the Schilthorn, in Switzerland’s Berner Oberland. I wanted to go there with my camera to capture mountain vistas, but was worried I might have an overcast day—or what can I say, a beautiful blue sky, but without clouds to keep things interesting.
Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau


It was an early get-up, as in 03:55 for a 5:03 tram and a 05:24 train to Interlaken, where I changed trains, which then took me to Lauterbrunnen. There, I caught a cable car to another train that took me to Mϋrren, then on to the Schilthorn Bahn, a cable car ride so long and steep, its route is accomplished in two segments. I finally arrived on top of the Schilthorn at 09:00. The view was worth every minute of the journey, including the unholy time out of bed.

The vista atop Schilthorn is from the Eiger to Blumlisalphorn. For me, it was a stunning display of the Swiss Alps, all I could have hoped for.

Thank goodness, the weather cooperated. I wanted some clouds to make the Black & White photos pop and the clouds were there. What do you think?
Breithorn topped with clouds

Breithorn

Gspaltenhorn to Blumlisalphorn
For more mountianscapes check out my website.





No comments:

Post a Comment