Monday, November 1, 2010

Tailor shop

When I moved to Cambodia I was allowed one suitcase (20 kilos) not enough space to take a lot of clothing. I only took leisure clothing because of the heat. DDD invited me to a meeting of the Cambodian American Chamber of Conference. This means that I need some dressier pants. I purchased a pair and they fit fine when I was standing in the store.

After purchasing the pants and wearing them one day I realized they were just a little small. There are a lot of tailors in Phnom Penh but which ones speak English. I went to a street close to my apartment and chose one. Luckily there was one girl there that spoke English.

I asked to have my pants let out and then if they could put a button on my only pair of shorts. I was about to leave and she said "just a minute and you can have the shorts". Great service!.

Here are two photos of the tailor shop.

While I was waiting one woman was stitching sequins on a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment