Sunday, August 5, 2012

A family affair for the car pARTs art show in Faribault, MN


Smart Car
car pARTs: A juried Art Show about Cars just opened in Faribault, Minnesota, about an hour’s drive south of Minneapolis. The group exhibition on the theme of Cars will run through September 25th at Faribault’s Paradise Center for the Arts.


All artwork in the show includes a car or car parts. The works on show at the arts center include painting, sculpture and photography.

I am proud to report that my daughter, painter Julie Fakler, garnered third place with her acrylic painting “Charlie in Car”(Charlie is a dog) and my son-in-law, Justin Peters, received an honorable mention for his “Gravity Racer”. My photograph, “SmartCar”, took second place.

As soon as I obtain photos of the other winning works I will post them. In the meantime, take a look at more of Julie and Justin’s art.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you, Julie and Justin. So happy to see this!

    ReplyDelete