Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Traffic in Vietnam


Before my trip to Vietnam, Cambodians told me that traffic in Vietnam was much worse than in Cambodia, so when I stepped out of the bus in Saigon, I was wary of crossing the street. What a surprise, for me the traffic in Vietnam was much easier to deal with than in Cambodia, in Vietnam for the most part motos and cars go the same direction on their side of the street and stop for stop lights, stop signs are another matter. 

There were the standard large loads

Bicycles seemed to be more prevalent in Vietnam than Cambodia, in Cambodia motos still rule.

Streets are still clogged from time to time, at the end of the school day streets will be packed with parents waiting to pick up their children. Women in business clothing chatting on their mobile phones with two children hopping on the moto, fathers looking boarded, the moto is the Vietnamese SUV.

The motos are used to transport just about everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment