Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Aftermath of the cut


I try to avoid haircuts in the winter, especially ones that really are close on the back of my neck. The Turkish haircut was a little shorter than I had planned and definitely was tight on the back of my neck.

By the time I got to the hostel in Antwerp I had noticed the lack of neck hair. In the room on the top floor, it was cool and there was no heat.

I ate one of the sandwiches that I had brought along but I was still cold. Ok, I will go out and try to find something hot for dinner. There was no one at the desk in the hostel so I decided to head toward the main street. As I crossed the street, I remembered that the Night Shop owner was Moroccan, I walked in and asked him where I could get something hot. He gave me directions, it was about three blocks. When I walked in, it felt like home, Moroccan brass lamps on the walls and other Moroccan decorations.

The restaurant was a combination of a Belgian Fruuteri (a place with all deep fried food) and a Moroccan restaurant. Everyone in the place looked Moroccan. I ordered Harira and a shrimp tagine. The only tagine they had was lamb, OK, I wanted something hot to eat.

After dinner walking home, I was much warmer. When I reached the third floor room, it seemed like I had not had a hair cut at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment