Friday, March 19, 2010

Wedding tent


At about 07:15 I went out to add some air to my bicycle tire. I took the cap off the valve stem and found out it was not a cap, the valve stem popped out into my hand as I heard the whoosh of the air from the tire. It should be simple, just put the stem back in and pump it up. I don't know why but that did not work. Ok, today I walked.

I did not have much time to waste, I had to be to school in 25 minutes and it is a bit of a walk plus I wanted to purchase something for breakfast. I put the pump away and started to walk to school.

About 200 meters from the hotel, I passed a wedding tent that was taking up half of the street. As I walked past the speakers the music was deafening.

The kitchen for the wedding was just a few meters further along the road was. There must have been 20 people preparing food. About 50 meters down the road an antique generator powered a bandstand. The fuel can for the generator was a plastic jug; the motor a single cylinder diesel. I assume it was set away from the band so as not to drowned out the music. I don't that would have been possible.

The wedding tent must have been 100 meters long. It was full of tables and chairs and could hold many guests. Beyond the tent was another antique generator. I guessed that it would power the lights in the wedding tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment