Saturday, February 5, 2011

Moto accident

Sorry I have not write more lately but I have been exhausted and my shoulder has been hurting a lot.

On my way to work a few days ago, I made a right hand turn. The traffic in the other lane was backed up because they were waiting for a light. I saw a moto coming toward me in my lane and I was watching it to see what stupidity he would do. He passed me and all of a sudden a tuktuk clipped me from the right. I was not watching that side enough because I was watching the crazy on the other side.

In a flash I was on the ground. I got and I seemed to be ok. I did not seem to have any bad injuries. Someone helped me right my moto and I drove the kilometer to work. At work I got my first aid kit out of the moto and went to the bathroom in my office to clean up my knee, elbow and outside of my right hand. I scrubbed away any dirt and then realized I had gauze pads but no tape. I went to the receptionist who had shown me the DDD first aid kit. I put Batadine on the abrasions and then the receptionist taped down the gauze.

The abrasions are not the problem, when I hit the ground I must have landed hard on my elbow; the problem is my shoulder which did not contact the ground. I think what happened is l landed with a lot of weight on my elbow and my shoulder took the strain.

Lifting my right hand from my lap to the mouse and from the mouse to the keyboard hurts. You do not know how often you make that move in a day.

The worst part of the accident is it ripped up one of my good pair of pants. It will be hard to find a replacement for someone my size in Cambodia.

1 comment:

  1. Geeze Tom, It sounds like you are going to use up your nine lives just getting around in that traffic over there. Seriously though - I sure hope you are feeling a little better today, and that you heal up quickly. BTW - I am enjoying your posts and photo site - your photography is outstanding.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete