Monday, March 28, 2011

Children on motos

In Cambodia the major means of transport is the moto, I have several posts on motos, this one is about children riding on motos. Children start riding motos very early, I have seen several that were newborn being held by mom as dad drove. The child below is not a lot older.

This photo has the whole family aboard. I have been told that there is a law that you can only have two people on a moto. Now what constitutes a person may be up for discussion

By the time children in Cambodia can walk their balance must be very good or they would not be able to ride on the moto. I have seen two or three children very scabbed up, it looked like they had fallen off of a moto.

The next photo is one of the only times I have seen a parent and child with a helmet. Would this be legal in the USA?

The child is riding on a box of water bottles, no problem he fits.

Children have to learn to balance early so they can ride. I have seen several children riding looking like they are very bored with the whole process. I guess they ask the standard question, are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment