Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Corner near my apartment

I went out early to take a photo walk, the homeless that live on the corner near my house were just packing their carts for a day of trash scavenging. There are about 15 people ranging age from a year up.

Everything they have is in a cart. Also in the cart is whatever they can scavenge. I have seen them with plastic sacks with leftover food they have pulled out of trash piles. It is a rough life, there is no water available on the street. I don't know where they get water. I do know where they go to the bathroom, all over the sidewalk, I have to be careful where to step. 
Later in the day the crowd was across the street. There is a restaurant on the opposite corner that has set out plants on the edge of the sidewalk to create space on the sidewalk for tables. The restaurant was closed and the crowd was fixing something to eat there. It looked like there was not much for lunch and it also looked like it had been someone lunch yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment