Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mistakes

It's 11:00 in the morning and I have made two mistakes already. Neither was life threatening but both somewhat embarrassing.

First thing this morning (07:30) I grabbed my D100 (older camera) and took an hour and a half photo stroll. I went to the independents monument to catch the morning light. Well, there was an overcast so no morning light. I walked up along Tonley Sap (the river) to see what was going on. The sun was low and glistening off the water so there were no good photos there. Then home past where the moto driver sometimes sleeps. I guess he had not started his day of rest quite yet.

I downloaded the photos. I unplugged the camera and formatted the memory card. I sat back down at the computer and saw a strange message. It was a list of photo files with the message, These were not saved because they could not be downloaded. OH NO! I turned off the camera before the photos had downloaded. OK, I will just plug the camera back in and download them. Not so fast Tom, you were too efficient, you already formatted the card.

After I made a mental note to be sure all photos have been copied from the camera to the hard disk before unplugging and formatting I set out to the market. I took a long way around and stopped at vendor with good looking bananas. I asked the price, they were 5,000 real ($1.25). No thank you, my normal vendor would only charge 4,000.

I purchased papaya and pineapple and then headed to my banana vendor. Hummmm, her stall is usually right here where these motos are parked. This is not good. OK, I will just go to one of the other banana vendors. There are usually two areas with several fruit sellers who have bananas. There were none, NOTA. I don't believe it. Are bananas on strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment