Monday, October 25, 2010

Dinner on the street

After walking around my neighborhood taking photos for an hour, I was tired and ready for dinner. I stopped in at a restaurant I have been to several times. I looked at the menu, to do that you lift the lids on the five pots sitting on the gas stove top. The most appetizing was a beef soup with vegetables. There was a rice gruel that did not look at all appetizing.

I took my normal blue chair at the table on the sidewalk, while the woman ladled up the soup. 




Dinner was served. It was very good. I am not sure what the vegetable was but that is not uncommon in Cambodia for me.



I have taken photos of the woman's son and did again today. After I took his photo he disappeared back into the house and appeared again with a drawing board of two shrimp (I think).

Starvation averted I headed home to process my photos.

1 comment: