Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fresh pork in the market

Pork is my meat of choice in Cambodia and I think that is the case for many others. When I go through the market, there are numerous stalls selling fresh pork, every cut of pork you can think of and some that are new to me.

The woman is selling just about everything from the pig except the squeal, you can see tails, liver, intestines, raw bacon and many other cuts laid out on a reed mat.

In the next photo you can see brains laying on lotus leaves, it looks like intestines in the red plastic bag and pig ears on the right.

In the last photo, the lady is trying to shave the hair off of raw bacon.

I know this is the way it goes for meet in the market, I don't think on any of this while I am having my pork and rice breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment