Friday, March 11, 2011

One year in Cambodia

WOW!! One year in Cambodia. It does not seem like that long in some ways and in others it seems a little longer.

In the past year I spent six months in Kampong Cham and six months in Phnom Penh. On my initial stay in Phnom Penh I went on a cyclo tour. Its has been about 37 years since I drove a cycle in Udorn, Thailand. It was fun to be in the driver's seat and watch the reactions of the locals.

Phnom Penh definitely has more to do but Kampong Cham was much easier to explore and it allowed me to get out into the countryside. Driving my moto really taught me the rules of the Cambodia road.

In my apartment in Kampong Cham I had a great cleanup crew, most of the time they were really on the ball but there were times they were a little over anxious but they did a great job.

I had a small shrine in Kampong Cham and it really worked. After my moto accident I have been thinking of putting up a better shrine here in my Phnom Penh apartment.

Now living in Phnom Penh one of my favorite places is the Orussey Market which is only a short walk away.

For my celebration for one year in Cambodia I went to the Szechuan restaurant, the kimchi is still great.

The only dark spot in the year was my Moto accident, which in reality was not nearly as bad as it could have been. This year I am concentrating on keeping the shiny side up and staying out of everyone's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment