Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A miss is as good as a mile


Looking at my computer I saw that it was 17:00, how did it get that late, I thought it was about 16:00. Leaving work, my plan was to ride around the neighborhood to see if there were any apartments for rent. After riding two blocks I realized that I needed 120% of my concentration focused on the road and traffic.

My father told me "a miss is as good as a mile"; I think that's the prevailing attitude here. Taking a crowded narrow road from the office area to the main boulevard I dodged cars and motos.

When I reached the main Boulevard I turned right. While driving on the boulevard I felt like I was in a herd of 1,000 horses stampeding to the next traffic light. Not all of us were going the same direction; two motos were going against traffic. Spotting my turn I carefully eased to the left side of the left hand lane. I stopped to let two cars go the other direction pass and I relaxed for a moment thinking "I am almost home". Just as I began my turn, WHOOSH, a moto went speeding past me on the left. That was close.

When I got off of my moto it felt reassuring to have both feet on firm ground. I will look for an apartment in non-rush hour times.

1 comment:

  1. Not talented enough to take a picture at the same time? :-D

    That would be something to top the family of five on moto!

    ReplyDelete