Monday, September 27, 2010

Restaurant review Chinese Noodle on Montovong


This was my second time to the Chinese Noodle restaurant on Montovong. I drove up on to the sidewalk and parked my moto. 


I asked the attendant if it would rain, he looked up and said "no rain". I arrived before the evening rush and had a choice of several tables.

The menu is under the glass table top, no matter which side of the table you sit on you have to read half of the menu upside down. I had soup for lunch and wanted something a little more substantive. When I was here before with friends they had ordered green beans with mushrooms. I did not see them on the menu but the waitress said they had them. Another dish caught my eye "spicy potatoes". Where I grew up spicy potatoes meant potatoes with salt and pepper, here it was a little different.

The string beans were the very long beans cut into 1 ½ inch lengths and fried with a few mushrooms. The sauce was thick and stuck to the beans, the dish very tasty. The spicy potatoes were sliced and cut thin looking like a plate full of large toothpicks. The potatoes were pan fried with slivers of carrots and a very generous amount the small very, very hot red peppers sliced crossways. The potatoes were cooked to be just done. My first bite required a quick rinse of the pallet from my ice tea. I picked the remainder of the red peppers out of the potatoes.

Dinner was good and cost $3.00. I arrived back at the guest house, parked my moto and as I went inside it began to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment