Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Job!


This was my last week working for KAPE in Kampong Cham. Next week I will be working for Digital Divide Data in Phnom Penh.

The change was very unexpected. Three weeks ago as part of the research for a business plan for KAPE I went to Digital Divide Data to determine their organization structure. After the meeting I purchased a copy of the "Cambodian Dally" an English language newspaper. While thumbing through the paper there was an advertisement for Digital Divide Data; they were looking for a senior project manager in IT. I thought this must be destiny and indicated that I should start looking for my next position; my volunteer assignment would be ending in about six months.

Sending off my CV I thought this the first of many. About a week later I received an e-mail that Digital Divide Data was interested in my background and experience. I had two telephone interviews and they wanted me to start last Monday. I had things that must be finished for KAPE and I needed a week.

Last week was busy, finishing the business plan for the social enterprise and change e-mail from an in house server to an internet service provider (ISP) in the USA. Wednesday noon I handed in the business plan and Friday we completed the conversion to the new ISP.

Monday was moving day.

No comments:

Post a Comment