Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rush photo job


My first opportunity to live in Europe was in 2002 and I took the opportunity to photograph as much as I could. One sunny day while in the center of Brussels, I spotted a group of young men skateboarding and took some photo of them attempting the skateboarding tricks. The best performer of the group was Max. I got his e-mail and sent him a set of photos.


Over the next few years I photographed Max several times as he started a music career. The last two times I was in Brussels, I photographed him and his group Flyboyzkrew.


On Thursday evening I received E-mail from max, asking if I could send some of the photos I had taken of him to a magazine. I will if I could find the photos. When I moved to Cambodia I had to cut down on disk space and left a lot of photos behind. Hunting going through the disks I have here I found the last two photo sessions.

I now had 200 photos to trim down to five for the magazine. Not sure what Max wanted I separated the photos into four categories and finally cut them down to nine.

Photos for print publications must be 300 dots per inch which makes a physically large file. I use You Send It which allows combining all of the photos into one file and upload that to the internet. I have never had any problems with You Send It. I was in a hurry; you guessed it this time there was a problem.

The address I was sending to was hot mail which does not have a space limit so I sent eight photos two per e-mail. When I clicked send to the last e-mail it was late considering I had a 07:00 bus the next morning leaving the computer to finish the upload, I turned in for the night. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment