Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finding a photo

I have taken over 10,000 photos in Cambodia, finding one or even 50 photos on a particular subject can be a little tricky. I use a tool called Lightroom which allows me to place key words on photos so they are hopefully easily to find later.

I was just starting a post on ICE and wanted to look at the photos I have of ice. In Lightroom I brought up the search panel and entered ice and clicked. What did I do wrong, there a huge number of photos and these are of rICE. OK, I know what happened so I start sorting down through the photos and come across photos from the Water Festival boat race practICE, further I found photos of polICE. I never knew there were so many words that ICE in them.

As I started writing this post I realized there were three other ways I could have gotten directly to the ICE photos. In the end I found 77 photos that will have to be narrowed down to two or three for the ICE post.

No comments:

Post a Comment