Sunday, January 9, 2011

Szechuan restaurant

I went back to the Szechuan restaurant not too far from my house. The menu comes in two parts; the one on the left is an old wooden photo album that contains photos of the different dishes with a little English and a price hand written on each photo. The other menu is written in Chinese, Khmer and a few words of English.

I chose from the photo menu, selecting sweet and sour chicken. The waitress brought a setup of a small bowls of chopped garlic and red hot peppers, a rice bowl, spoon and chopsticks, this was followed by a mug of tea. 
You can see by the photo how large the bowls are, in the next photo you can see how many chili peppers I use.

There was also a saucer of kimchi with a large number of hot peppers chopped in it. The kimchi was very tasty and very hot. The first two bites turned me red hot.

My sweet and sour was served. It was temperature hot, right off the skillet. The sauce was thick and sweet. The chicken didn't have any bones, a very nice change over most Cambodian meals. The green peppers with the chicken were also very hot. 
Over the course of the meal, I used up several napkins wiping sway the sweat from the heat.I loved every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment