Thursday, January 27, 2011

Smells of Cambodia

Some of the smells in Cambodia are very nice, for example the jasmine flower, and then there are those that are OK, roasting pork wafting into my bedroom in the morning. The remaining are not so nice. To cope with the later I have developed a unique ability to stop breathing once an offensive odor is detected.

This action came about automatically, one day I noticed I was in a market but I did not smell the dead rotting meat and the fishy water on the floor. I thought that is great. It took some time to realize what I was or should I say was not doing.

I have checked it out in many cases. I get a faint whiff of an offensive odor I just stop breathing. If after some time I take a slight sniff and it is still there, I breath very lightly though my mouth. This has really made walking in certain area much more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment