Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lunch

The other day I went to lunch late, about 1:00, at the normal spot. This restaurant is frequented by a lot of the permanent staff at DDD. When I arrived there were two colleagues finishing their lunch.

The front of the building is completely open during business hours, the metal doors swing back which give a very airy feel. As I walked in I noticed the owner chasing something with a mop handle. I saw that he was chasing and beating on a very large rat. The rat was running along the wall trying to make it to the front, in his case, exit.

About a meter from the front, the owner delivered the fatal blow. The poor rat had been quite beat up. After the owner checked to make sure it was dead, he picked it up by the tail and headed toward the kitchen.

I thought, I hope my meal is already cooked. I have never eaten rat and did not want to that day. Lunch came about five minutes later and tastes like always. I assume the rate was not in today's meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment