Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I’m a Wimp

In Cambodia there is one faucet in the sinks and usually one in the shower. Mine is high class, there is a standard faucet that gives cold water in the winter and hot water in the summer.

I caught a cold just after Christmas and went to the doctor. He suggested I take a warm shower. My answer was I can only do that in the summer. I continued taking cold showers for three days. I decided to give in and try a warm shower. Standing in the bath tub, I flipped to circuit breaker for the water heater on. So far so good. I was not exactly sure how to operate it but with only three controls it was not hard to figure out.

It took the water heater about 30 seconds to put out a very nice warm shower. It really felt good. I did fell like a WIMP taking a warm shower. I justified it by telling myself "I am sick and should take care of myself".

It felt so good in fact that for the last week I have been taking a warm shower. I know that this will have to stop fairly soon, I am just about over my cold. I am not really looking forward to going back to the cold showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment