Monday, June 21, 2010

A gift for lunch


I was called to my back door by my landlord, he handed me a plate piled high with small squid, shrimp and two crabs. It was fresh from the sea. His family had been to the coast and brought back a cooler of seafood.



How do I cook the squid, it can be tough if not done correctly. I looked up a recipe on the internet. I didn't have all of the ingredients in any of the recopies. I decided to use my minimalist approach, I would fry them. After cleaning the shrimp, I flash fried them and ate them while I was preparing the squid. They were delicate and a great appetizer.

After cleaning the squid, making sure to take out the backbone and the tooth, I fried them with a little salt and pepper. After the squid ink boiled off I left them fry for about four to five minutes and tested one, it was tender.

The photo below is of about half of the squid, I was in a hurry to eat them and forgot to take the photo until I was half done. They were tender and tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment