Sunday, June 27, 2010

My lunch time hangout


I have been going to the same restaurant for lunch for the past months. I almost have the menu memorized and usually have one four dishes. The restaurant is located just off the Kizuna bridge in town; I sit there and watch the traffic. I can also watch Tom and Jerry cartoons from the Cartoon Network on the large and loud TV.





Each plate with rice and tea is 7,000 real ($1.75). The staff do NOT speak English and when I have tire my Khmer language I get a blank stare. So I point and nod.



Before moving to Cambodia, I ate a lot of chicken, but here I have changed to pork. Today I for some reason ordered chicken soup.



Above is the reason I normally do not order chicken. In a Khmer kitchen a chicken is chopped into roughly 1 inch square pieces with a cleaver in a chopping motion. That means meat and bone are in the pieces. It seems like most of what I get is bone and gristle.

No comments:

Post a Comment