Sunday, June 20, 2010

A new breakfast stand


After the last breakfast post, I realized there are so many places for breakfast; I should really have some variety in my life. This morning I went to the market and tried a new breakfast location. Walking through the market, there must be 15 to 25 small breakfast stalls on the Mekong side of the market. How do you choose? This one looks good.



I sat down and the proprietor/cook made a motion like "do I want to eat?" I nodded. I don't know what I am having. I should have gone to one of the stands where there were people sitting then I would have known what they were eating. This is an adventure right.

In just a moment there was an orange plastic platter in front of me, looks great.



Hum, lettuce for breakfast, well, I haven't been eating enough green, mostly white, lettuce is good. I tried one of the pieces of cucumber in the peanut sauce to see how that was like. It was peanut with light vinegar, very good. I ate the omelet with my chopsticks, a bit of a challenge. When I was just about done, the cook came over and showed me that I should have put the omelet and some of the leaves in the lettuce leaf, dipped that in the peanut sauce and eaten it that way. Another downside to not having anyone to watch.

After I finished, I watched how the omelet was made.



Figure 1 eggs into a hot wok



Figure 2 more eggs to get a smooth coating



Figure 3 even it out



Figure 4 add the filling (bean sprouts and pork)

No comments:

Post a Comment