Monday, December 13, 2010

From Kampot to Kep and back home to Phnom Penh

My plan was to stop in Kep and I did want to stop in Kep because the seafood is very good. On my way back to Phnom Penh I took a moto from Kampot to Kep (about 25 km) and had the morning to look around. I had the moto drop me at the crab market which is right on the water. The photo below shows two ladies getting a crab pot ready for the day, they tie it out and when a customer comes along, they pull it in and sell the crabs right out of the pot.

I walked through the market and found my favorite, squid. A small squid barbequed on a stick was $0.50. I wanted to try the fish but after three squid I was full.

I walked about two kilometers to the bus stop and listened to podcasts. The bus finally came along; I did not want to go to sleep worrying that if I did not get off in Phnom Penh I did not know where I would end up.

I enjoy taking photos of people in the bus. The young boy was a great subject, at the bus stop the parking attendant was eating a corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment