Friday, December 17, 2010

I wanted the smiley cup

In Cambodia silverware, plates, cups do not always match, sometimes they are very nice and other times they are old plastic. This morning at a breakfast restaurant I had my normal rice with pork. The woman brought me a cup with a straw and then poured the tea.

I am not sure why, it may be sanitation, but there is almost always a straw in a cup. Usually the straw only comes ½ inch (1 cm) above the cut. This morning I got a longer straw. I

I received a plain cup but saw smiley face cups, I wanted one of the smiley face cups, not really. These are an example of what some of the restaurant ware is in Cambodia.

The woman went back to tending fish on the grill. Here banana leaves are not used as decoration; they are used in the cooking process and as plates. Banana leaves are placed on the grill, I assume to keep the fish for sticking to the grill and the fish is fried on top of the leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment