Saturday, August 7, 2010

Roach tennis


I came home about 21:00 and turned on the lights. As I walked past the couch, a large bug ran out from under the couch. A roach! It was so big that I stepped back to let it by.

I hate roaches. I went to the kitchen to get a broom. Brooms in Cambodia are a little smaller than in Europe and the USA, just a little bigger than a tennis racket.



Figure 1 Broom/roach racket


Where is this guy? I looked under the couch. There he is. I took a swing at him. He moved to the other side to the couch leg. Another swipe. This time I connected and he went sliding two meters to the front wall. As soon as he stopped sliding he was back in the game, he ran back to his hiding place. My next shot was a misplaced forehand. I missed. The roach tried to sneak by along the wall. A well placed forehand popped him back toward the front wall. He was stunned but he quickly ran back under the couch.

Wow, he's good. Two more misses with my forehand. Tom, plan your shot better and follow through. My next shot was better. I connected with a backhand and popped him under the moto. It was 30 all.

I can't let this roach beat me. He scurried back toward the couch. With a quick backhand, I lobbed him under the front door and out of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment