Monday, August 2, 2010

To the bank


I was sitting at home and my landlord came in. He had told me yesterday that with the rent money I had paid him he would put a pitched roof on the house. Today, he told me that it would cost $250 not the $150 I had paid for rent. He asked if I could loan him $100. I said OK, and asked again to make sure I had the number correct. This time, he said $120. That's very close to my $150 rent. I offered to pay the September rent in advance.

I pushed my moto out and went to the bank. On the way back home, I was following a large bright green open truck. Open here means no cover on the cab and no doors. There were several men sitting all over the vehicle. I passed a flip flop (standard foot wear here) lying in the road. The truck stopped. One of the men got out and went back and picked up the sandal. I just managed to keep the moto upright while I laughed.

I gave my landlord the money. An hour later he came in waiting for the delivery person to bring the wood for the roof. He was disappointed the delivery was late. I teased him, would it be today, tomorrow or next week. About two hours later the wood delivery showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment