Sunday, May 23, 2010

Computer problems


Yes, I am a computer nerd, but that did not help me much this week. My Vaio, an old friend who had accompanied me to Morocco many times, decided it needed attention and crashed hard. I have several recovery CDs with me here in Cambodia, but the CD drive in the Vaio is not working. I think that is from inhaling so much dust in Morocco. Yes the Computer did inhale.

I logged onto the Sony Vaio support site with my second, still-working, computer and asked two questions. The technical support was GREAT. I had an answer within two hours and the best part, the answer solved the problem. Even with the answer from Sony, it took two days to have most things back up and running on the computer. There are two or three applications that I did not bring the CDs for, or that I do not have the registration numbers, but I think I can get by for now.

One of my next steps is to create a good backup of the disk so I can recover more easily if this happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment