Friday, May 14, 2010

Four on a bicycle


I was riding along the Mekong on my moto. I stopped to take a photo and a child on a small bicycle came by with three others on the bicycle. They stopped and said hello. Every child knows how to say hello and says it every time he/she sees a Barang (non Cambodian). They cycled off. I wanted a photo of them. The boy in front, who looked to be about three years old, was buck naked. He was standing on the down tube of the bicycle frame. The driver and one of the girls was on the seat and the second girl was seated on the carrier rack over the rear wheel.

I started my moto and followed them down a rough dirt road. They went around a corner and then the road headed slightly down hill. I passed them on the downhill. They were screaming with joy. I was waiting for them to hit a bump and all go flying. The driver did a great job of navigating the ruts and bumps on the road. They were going 20 km/hour when I passed them. I got ahead of them, jumped off my moto, took out my camera and tried to get a shot.

There are five kids in the photos. The boy behind the bicycle just happened to be walking along when the group passed him.


No comments:

Post a Comment