Friday, May 14, 2010

Sometimes it bugs me


Just looked down at my wine glass, there was something that looked like a tiny bit of foam in the glass. On inspection, it was a bug swimming in the wine. When the movement stopped for a moment, I thought she was done for. No, she kept swimming. I picked her out and flipped her outside. I could not see her fly away but I am sure she was wobbling a little. I hope that my geckos did not eat her. They would have been staggering up the walls.

A few days back, as I was pouring rice into my industrial strength rice cooker, I spotted some little black bugs in the rice. On closer inspection there were larvae in there as well. I know they do not eat much. I sure hope cooking the rice kills all of the bugs. Yes, I ate the rice.

About a month ago, something with either six or eight legs bit me on a toe during the night, an event more painful than any insect bite I have had. When living in Texas, I thought that fire ants were the worst, but fire ants are piker's compared to what bit me here. My toe swelled half way up my foot to the ankle. I was so sore; I had to lay off running for two weeks. In Phnom Penh, I visited a doctor, who prescribed various medications for a home medical kit.

Bring on the bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment