Monday, May 24, 2010

There’s a storm blowing in


I needed to get out of the house so I took my moto and camera out. I went west even though there were very black clouds that way. I made it to the twin hills about five kilometers west of town. I took a few photos of the spires of the pagoda and decided it was time to head home if I was to beat the storm to Kampong Cham. On the way back, people were taking down umbrellas and moving their signs inside. I was flying on the way back, there was a bit of a tail wind.

When I reached Kampong Cham, I saw that the other side of the Mekong was in sun. I drove over the bridge to see what things were like on the other side. What I found was that from the top of the bridge I had a good view back of Kampong Cham and the approaching storm.

As I came back across the bridge I had the throttle fully open and was only doing 40 km per hour into the wind. The moto will to over 90. That was one of the strongest headwinds I have experienced in a long time.

When I got to the top of the bridge, I stopped and took this shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment