Friday, May 14, 2010

Lotus flower seed pods


On my way to Wat Han Chey I stopped to photograph a bowl of lotus flower seed pods beside the road.



Of course the lady of the house came out. She offered me one of the green seeds.



I popped it in my mouth. She went crazy. No, you do not eat the whole thing! You peel the green outside off to get down to the white seed.



She said one seed pod was 100 real. Ok, I decided to purchase one. Well she gave me a sack with 10 pods in it 1,000 real ($0.25). They are ok but nothing special to write home about.

A little further along the road, I made another photo stop. Three young men were fishing. I watched them for a bit, and gave them four of the pods. They smiled their thanks. When I arrived back home, I photographed the rest of the pods, and then gave them to my landlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment