Monday, July 26, 2010

Cleanup crew was a little too eager


I have been extolling the virtues of my cleanup crew. Last evening they outdid themselves.

I was munching a little local chocolate while working at the computer. I sat the chocolate wrapped in its aluminum foil wrapper on a small box near the computer. I assumed this would signal to the ants that this is mine and they do not need to clean it up.

Just a few words about chocolate. Having lived in Belgium and Switzerland I know and appreciate really good chocolate. In Cambodia I have found two places that sell Belgian chocolate but it's too pricey for me. I have been settling for local knock-off chocolate, which is more like greased plastic than the real thing, but still serves to remind me of the real thing.



In Switzerland and Belgium chocolate comes wrapped in aluminum foil with the edges of the foil sealed. In Cambodia the edges do not quite meet, and the freshness is questionable.



After a time, I thought I should put the chocolate in the refrigerator where it would be safe from me and the ants. When I picked it up I spotted two ants on the outside. Oh NO! They are already trying to clean it up. I opened the wrapper and yes, they were hard at work.

Rats, I was too slow. I rinsed the ants off the chocolate bar, wrapped it up and put it in the refrigerator.

My cleanup crew is way too efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment