Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dog got the bread


First thing this morning, I went to the bamboo bridge to try and get a better photo. After the bridge I stopped at a small bakery and purchased two small baguettes, they have a soft crust and are a little sweet. On the way home I thought I needed to try a different breakfast spot and I stopped in at a place across the street from the school I had my language lessons in. You can see the language school behind the tree on the right hand side of the photo.



I knew breakfast would be expensive, prices here were always high and I was right, breakfast was $1.00. It was a larger breakfast than most, rice, chicken (with just a few bones), a meat soup, salad and tea. The chicken was quit tender with a very nice oriental (imagine that) glaze. The salad was cucumber, ginger, onions and a touch of hot peppers with vinegar and oil. The soup was beef and had two bones in it that the restaurant cleaning crew (the dog) really liked.



While I was eating I noticed that someone was pointing at my moto. I thought they wanted me to move my moto because I had parked behind a bicycle and I was blocking the way. I got up and walked toward my moto. The lady who runs the place told me that a dog had stolen the plastic bag of bread I left on my moto. I said no problem. This gets me back for the other day chasing a dog (not the same one) away from my muffins.

In almost all Cambodian restaurants the top of the tea pot is tied to the tea pot. I don't know if it's because people steal the tops or they don't want them to fall off.



No comments:

Post a Comment