Monday, July 5, 2010

My morning


I arrived at work at 07:30 to find out if there were any items that I had missed in my testing of the new internet connection Sunday. After starting the server, I asked Ali another x-pat if she could test e-mail and the internet connection.

In about 15 minutes she was at my desk, telling me that neither worked. That's not good. I had expected a little problem but not that both the internet and e-mail were not working. After some research I found one problem, which meant that I had to change a setting on everyone's computer.

I changed the setting on several computers and things had gone well, then I went to change it on my computer. I still have not determined what the problem is but my computer will not accept the change.

Having awoke at 04:30 and worked hard, by 11:00 I was tired, at 11:30 I went home to take a nap. Lunch time is from 12:00 to 13:30 (just changed from 14:00). That gives me enough time to catch up on a little sleep.

I arrived home and saw the house open. My landlord was looking at the new screens that had been put up. Great new screen to keep the bugs out.



Not so great, I will not get my nap.

The man putting up the screens had a drill, something that most Cambodians do not have. We could use his to put up the mirror I purchased on Sunday. For the past three months, I have been shaving and combing my hair in a 3 ½" by 2 ½" mirror out of my toiletry kit.

The man putting up the screens had two drills, one was a hammer drill that had a cement bit. This will drill the holes in the bathroom tiles but you must be very careful the hammer can be hard to control. The other drill was a smaller easier to handle drill but he did not have a bit for it.

We started to position the mirror, looking back it was like the three stooges.



My landlord is a great buy and has good ideas but he has not had much of a chance to use power tools. He drilled two of the holes for the mirror and when he drilled the third, he was a little trigger happy and the tile he was drilling did not have cement behind most of it (the was a large hollow spot behind the tile). He pulled the trigger a little too much and the hammer ticked in and cracked the tile in half. Luckily the tile stayed on the wall. Most of the crack is behind the mirror.

We put up the mirror, soap dish, a shelf and towel bar. Another post on why I purchased a pinkish mirror set.

No comments:

Post a Comment