Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday morning started early


I awoke at 04:30 and could not get back to sleep. Yesterday a friend told me that the current blog header photo does not say Cambodia or even Asia. "That bridge could be from anywhere, across the Rhine or across the Mississippi" she said. I was thinking "the best sun on the bamboo bridge (which says all of the things that the current bridge does not) will be about 05:30 to 05:45" I should drag myself out and see what it looks like.

I dragged myself into the kitchen to find my cleanest dirty shirt for the outing. Then shuffled back into the bedroom to pick up the Nikon D200 with the big lens. That camera has gotten quite heavy overnight. The bed was calling to me "you don't need to go out at this hour, come back to sleep". I was so close to giving in, but I shuffled out to the living room, pushed the moto outside. Now that I am out of the house I cannot hear the bed calling me.

I road past the breakfast stall near the market and then to the overlook for the bamboo bridge. I thought, "what's the best angle that will work as a header for the blog?" The blog header photo is much wider than high. I looked at how to move closer, I had to walk through the trash pile and down the hill a little. The angle was still a little too straight on.

I climbed back up the hill and hopped on my moto to go to this end of the bridge. Three are two or three spots that almost work for a vantage point but there's garbage and bushes that I cannot get out of the photo. Moving even closer I thought I had the right spot. I just missed two horse (OK pony) drawn carts full of tobacco crossing the bridge. I took several shots and I was lucky another two pony drawn carts crossed the bridge.



I walked out onto the bridge about 50 meters and was greeted with a surprise, there was a fishing boat not far from me and the man in the bow was about to throw his net.




 



After 30 minutes of shooting, it was time for breakfast. Back to the breakfast stand near the market. I was greeted with a warm smile and a great breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment