Thursday, July 29, 2010

New market – waffle lady


For the past two weeks, I have not gone to the new market close to my house and the bamboo bridge. Today I wanted eggs, though and decided to go shopping.

My first time at the new market, there were very few vendors. Today the market is more active, people packed in everywhere. While looking for eggs, I ran across the waffle lady from the old market. I was surprised to see her, and happy to find that her price is still the same and the waffles are as good as ever.

There are two types of eggs here, chicken eggs and duck eggs. Chicken eggs are brown and duck eggs are white. A month ago, I went to the old market to purchase eggs. I bought 10 duck eggs, "I thought I would try them". When I got them home, I was very disappointed, of the 10 eggs only two were fit to eat. The other eight were bad, very old.

I remembered that this morning and almost did not get duck eggs. But there were no chicken eggs, so it was duck eggs or nothing. I looked all over the market for chicken eggs. As I was leaving the market I passed a women selling duck eggs. OK Tom, go ahead. I purchased four. They were much cheaper than in the other market.

At home I hard-boiled them for egg salad. They were fine. When I chopped them up, they did seem a little tough, but that could have been my cooking time.

Good eggs and finding the waffle lady's new location made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment