Friday, July 23, 2010

Corn on the cob


Growing up in south eastern Minnesota in a small town surrounded by corn fields, I ate a lot of corn on the cob. I love it slathered with butter and a sprinkling of salt. GREAT!

In Europe it's hard to find good sweet corn and I've never seen it in Morocco.

Last week when I drove out to work in the countryside on the other side of the Mekong, I saw what looked to be stands selling sweet corn alongside the road. I asked and yes it is corn.

On Sunday I took an excursion across the Mekong and purchased five ears of corn. They were quite small. I couldn't wait to boil them up for dinner.

I was disappointed, they didn't have much flavor. But I will try again, corn has only been showing up on the side of the road for the past week. Hopefully it will be more flavorful by next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment